Friday, January 27, 2006

The Final Scrub Down.

Today after work I Drained all of the water in my show tank and gave it a final cleaning. After that I put down about 10 lbs of Ft Lauderdale sand on the bottom. After that I filled the tank up with fresh water and when the water level was full I then added about 20 cups of coral granuals. I then turned on the pumps and added about 30 pounds of salt. I need to let it all desolve into the water and later tonight I have to check it. THen hopefully tomorrow I can start adding all of my live rock back to the tank. If all goes well late Sunday or after work Monday I can start adding life to my tank in the form of blue leg crabs scarlet red crabs and of course large turbo snails. Then In about a month after all has settled I can add Fish. THen after about 2 or 3 months I can add some coral.