Thursday, January 26, 2006

Balancing out

About a week ago I had all of the new pipes connected to my aquarium. I had 2 pipes for water to drain out of my show tank and the water fills up a smaller sump tank by the way of using some valves and a pump motor. Then I also have 2 pipes and 2 valves and a pump motor to pump the water back to my show tank. Unfortunatly I was not able to balance out the water flow from the two tanks. There was more water being returned to my show tank then there was water being extracted and you can only guess what happens then. If your are alittle slow let us put it this way, The water from the big tank spills out on to the fuckin floor and I have a big mess. Anyway I decided to try and take a different turn on things and do alittle research. So this morning I looked on the internet and found a nifty device called a overflow box. With this device that mounts on the side of the tank by using an ingenious method of syphoningand alittle piping I now have 2 pump motors pumping water to the show tank and an inch and a quarter pipe taking water out of the tank. So basicaly it doesnt mater how much water I add to the tank the overflow box syphons the excess water back down to the sump tank with no mess on the floor. What I really like about this is that my tank will be more stable by the use of more water in my tank system and the water level in my show tank never changes so when I have to add water I only and it to my sump tank.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Sounds good Keith. I think we need some pictures. You would need to write over a thousand words to equal one picture. So, we need a picture or you'd better get writting. Good job on the posting. Keep it up.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home